Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Still not okay to sing F*** the police?


NEW Zealand singer Tiki Taane was handcuffed and arrested for disorderly behavior after singing a song considered an American gangster anthem, N.W.A's "F*** The Police."
Taane said he regularly played the N.W.A. protest song, written by rapper Ice Cube in 1988, at shows but a police officer in a Tauranga nightclub in New Zealand's north island early Sunday morning became upset at the song's lyrics.

"I have had an excellent rapport with the NZ Police and I intend to keep that relationship positive," the performer said in a statement. "I'm 34-years-old and this is my first ever offense, and I feel it is unfortunate that one particular police officer became upset with the N.W.A lyrics I sang that night."

No comments:

Post a Comment